OUR CORE VALUES
The values and practices of PCI
1. The word of God- (2 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 4:12). We believe the bible is the inspired word of God and is the standard for Godly living standards for Godly living and success.
2. The Presence of God and God touching us- (Ephesians 2:14 -16, Acts 13:2). We value the experience of the presence of God in our lives and services as it brings Gods comfort and refreshing to his church. We believe that every believer should have a vital personal relationship with God.
3. The Holy Spirit- (Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4). We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the moving of the Holy Spirit is an essential part of living a successful and victorious Christian life.
4. Dynamic praise and worship- (Psalms 100:2-4, Psalms 150). We value exiting and dynamic praise and worship in all services and share groups to honor and exalt the name and character of our God.
a) With other believes- (Ephesians 2:14 -16, Corinthians 13, John 13:34 -35). We believe in the great commandment to love one another, to relate to one another as members of Christ himself. We value Godly romantic and non-romantic relationships that build people and value all people regardless of age, race or status. We value purity in relationship. We believe that belonging should follow believing. Our share groups are a key vehicle for developing relationships we believe all members should be in a share group.
b) To Authority- (Romans 131:7, Hebrews 13:17). Respect for, and the right attitude to authority, is the key to being entrusted with authority. The supportive, respectful relationship between people and their leaders is one of the cornerstones of a successful, healthy and united church.
c) To the community- (Colossians 4:5 -6, 1 Thessalonians 3: 11 -12). Cultivate relationship with non-believers while ensuring that they do not negatively influence your dilute or culture. Our community “we are in it, and love it but not of it”.
6) Character and integrity, (Ephesians 4:20-33, Proverbs 16:13). We believe that character and integrity is primary and more essential that gifting. A Godly life brings honor and respect to the church of God and enhances its influence to the world. True believing should be followed by behavior, and believer should be people of the highest integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
7) A life style for prayer- (Luke 11:123, 1 Thessalonians 5:16 -18, Phillip 4:6-7). We believe in prayer as the means of empowerment an accomplishing the will of God on earth. We believe in prayer meeting, prayer in the share groups and prayer as a lifestyle that permits every aspect of our lives.
8) Excellence- (Mark 7:37, Titus 3:8). We believe in doing the very best for God in every aspect of our lives and ministries. God people, his environment and his facilities should reflect the God of excellence we serve. This is encapsulated in the following phases: only the best for God/ excellence as a virtue is based on choice. This prevents us from setting for anything less that the best.
9) Church growth church health-, which includes church planting- (Mathew 28:18, Act 2:47, Acts 6:7). We believe that the church should be both large and healthy. We actively reach as many people as possible to bring them into the local church and develop them into totally committed partners with Christ. One of the signs is increase. We will retain our sense of family and community despite large number.
10) Financial partnership- (2 Corinthians 8-9,1 Corinthians 16:1-4). We believe that every believer aught to be a financial partner in the local church so as to empower and equip the church for maximum impact. We believe that money is an essential ingredient of an effective church. It is also an important tool for your own financial freedom!
11) Generational ministry- (Psalms 78:1-6, Mathew 18:5, 1 Timothy 4:12). We believe that all age groups have a part to play in the life of the church and that young people are not the church of tomorrow but the church of today. We seek to raise and develop the gifts and abilities of all ages so as to have Godly children and a steady flow of emerging leader.
12) The family- (Ephesians 5:22-29, 1 Thessalonians 4; 3-6, Hebrews 13:4). We believe that in strong marriages and healthy families, as they are the foundation of a Godly nation. We have a program to prepare couples for successful marriages. We strengthen and align marriages and restore Brocken families and marriages through preaching, teaching and counseling.
13) The poor- (Galatians 2:10, Proverbs 19:17). We believe the church should make a relevant social contribution to the nation. We are helping the poor and under privileged communities in practical ways so as to live the level of their lives. We believe that we are blessed to be a blessing to others. We believe faith without work is dead.
14) Non-Racial, Non-Sexist community- (Galatians 3:28,Acts 18:18, Romans 16:1, Phillip 4:2-3). We believe that all races and both sexes have a valuable contribution to the body of Christ. We believe that a truly South African church should be representative of all races groups and have both men and women in men in ministry.
15) Being a resourceful church- (Romans 1:11-12, Hebrews13-16). Our conferences are a resource for our local church as well as for the wider body of Christ. Conferences create an opportunity to provide input and propel believers to a higher level. We want you to add value to others out of the experience of our own journey.
16) Ministry PARTICIPATION- (1 Peter. 4:10-11,1 Corintians.12-14, Romans 12:6, Ephesians 4: 11-13). All believers have a God—given gift that they mean to discover and use for the enriching of the body of Christ. It is a biblical principal that all people serve and function in the local church, not just the salaried staff.
Emotional (1 peter 5:10, Luke 4: 18-19, Luke 8:35). We are committed to restoring lives through our pastoral care and counseling department. Jesus came to heal the broken hearted and restore dignity and purpose to every human being. A counseling center is a part of our future plans and vision.
Physical- (James. 5:16, mark. 16:18, mark. 16:12-13, Mathew 8:16,Mathew 12:15). Every believer is entitled to physical heath and wellness. This may come through the laying on of hands or the appropriation of the word of by the believer.
18) Celebration- (Nehemiah. 8:12&17, 2 Samuel. 6:12 & 16).
We believe that daily life as well as service for God should be accompanied by celebration and joy and that a large ever—expanding life can be lived to the full without indulgence in sin. Church services and ministry should be accompanied by a sense of fun and community, while not losing the spirit of worship and excellence.
19) Evangelism- (Mathew 28:18, Hebrews 13:2). We believe that the church must reach out at every opportunity to the lost. We place a high value on alter calls and connection time in every service. We should never lose sight of the lost and keep open the circle of our fellowship and a friendly accepting attitude towards so as to keep including new people. Altar calls are to be seen as the most important part of our services.
20) Patriotism- (Romans 13:1, 6&8, 1 Peter 2:17). We believe in that in other for the nation to overcome its weakness and to reach its true potential, the church should be loyal and patriotic. While not overlooking the various political issues, negative and critical talk should not be part of our vocabulary. We should speak well of our nation, speaking of the possibilities and potential. We as a church should be part of a solution, not the problem.